The Canadian Aboriginal War veterans (CAWV) is an association of first nations army veterans from the various services.
The "summer dress" consists of:
- a burgundy beret with a metalic gold CAWV emblem cap badge
- black pants
- a white short sleeves shirt with 2 breast pocket and shoulder flaps
- on the upper shoulders are organisation patches
- on each collars are metalic gold CAWV emblems
- soft burgundy cloth slides are worn on the shoulder flaps.
The slides display a number of golden horizontal stripes the number of which is equal to the level within the organisation:
level 5 National Chairman of the Board Level 4 National President / National Officer Commanding Level 3 National Vice-President / National First Officer / National Sergeant At Arms / National Second Officer / National Service Officers Level 2 National Secretary / National Treasurer / Regional Officer
members of CAWN who are not officiers wear slides display an embroidered association emblem on their shoulder slides, either a version of the cap badge or of the formal blaser breast patch.
The "winter dress" consist of the summer dress with the addition of:
- a burgundy tie.
- a black knitted long sleeve woolen jumper with shoulder flaps (and rank slides)
- a black windcheater with shoulder flaps (and rank slides)
Special Event DressEdit
The "special events dress" resemble the summer dress with the following modification:
- the white shirt is replaced with a long sleeves black shirt
- an assumption belt is worn around the waist.
The "formal dress" consist of the summer dress with the addition of:
- a single breast burgundy blaser
- an organisation patch on the left breast.
- golden stripes going around the cuffs the number of which is the same as for the shoulder slides worn on the shirt.
- a golden name tag worn on the right breast
- a burgundy tie.